Monday, 11 June 2012

Jubilee Tea

Hello again, I don't know where the last few weeks have gone, they have flown by! June already!!! I hope Everyone enjoyed the Jubilee celebrations here in the UK, we did. I felt proud to be British with all the festivities that went on, I loved seeing all the bunting and flags everywhere too. Also who doesn't like to see what Princess Kate is wearing next?!

We had a nice Bank holiday weekend catching up with family and friends, we had some lovely meals out. We also managed to fit in a spot of gardening and some shabby chic furniture projects! I brought this vintage tea trolley at an antiques auction a few weeks ago and couldn't wait to find time to paint and distress it. I love the shabby chic look on furniture and have a few more projects up my sleeve. Anyway I decided that I would use this to serve afternoon tea from for our Jubilee celebrations as my Mother and father in law were coming over. It made a nice change to make a bit more of things as we live in a small cottage we are unable to have dinner parties but this made a lovely alternative. I made a few quick straw and cake flags, and a little bit of paper bunting with the Papermania Portabello Road collection. I also used some cute wooden flags from my East of India goodies. The china is from my collection that I brought for our wedding that usually sits in my little china cabinet that hubs brought me :) So it was good to put it to use. The cake stand, plates and doilies also came out. As I was pushed for time the edible goodies came from M & S! Well nothing more British for a Jubilee celebration, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;)


I have been so busy with stationery orders over recent months, I will share a few pics now the completed invitations are with my lovely couples! It has also been great to have a break, we have just arrived back from spending 4 days in Ireland visiting family. It was a nice relaxing break and the countryside was beautiful, it was lovely to see my Great Aunt and Uncle too.

 Hope your week is off to a good start!

Xxx

3 comments:

Grace Bend said...

Hi Katrina,
i love the tea trolley! It looks great with everything on it! I love the bunting to :)
Glad you had a great weekend
Hugs
Grace
xxxx

Kerry said...

Hi Katrina

I am really glad you got into the spirit. Its always nice to do something different.

Loving the little tea caddy and your decorations.

Your room in the cottage looks gorgeous - so homely!

Love Kerry xxx

bonnie said...

You look fabulous sweetie! x