Sunday, 15 April 2012

Cotton and Crumbs Cupcake Class

I don't know where April is going, I knew it was going to be a crazy busy month for me but goodness! I have had a lovely week even though it's been really busy, hope you have too. On Wednesday my sister and I attended a cupcake class by the amazingly talented Tracy of Cotton and Crumbs. We decorated a box of cupcakes in a vintage style, we learnt how to ice them, make roses, rose buds and other pretty flowers, pearls and bows, also how stencil and paint on them. It was a lovely day and we really, really enjoyed it! We were so pleased with the results, I'm a complete novice at this so it was great learning something completely new. I found it quite therapeutic too, I feel a new hobby coming on, oh dear, not good for the bank balance ;)

Here are the cakes we made,these are mine.


My sister , Natalie's.


Link

We also met the lovely Carly, another talented cake maker, from
Wish upon a Cupcake, here are her cakes.


I think it's great to see how everyone's turned out, a great selection of pretty colour palettes!

Here are Tracy's cakes, which I'm sure you will agree are absolutely stunning! Tracy was a fabulous teacher and we were treated to finger sandwiches, cream scones and sticky toffee cupcakes for lunch, a delightful afternoon tea! I would highly recommend her classes or cakes to anyone!



I was thrilled with the results and can't wait to have another go now! I have a charity tea party planned and I am hoping to make some for that! I will be posting about that on here over the next few days so watch this space. Tracy has also kindly offered to be involved with the tea party and is making some cakes for us to sell, sure to be a hit with all those who attend!

xxx

2 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Hi Katrina, delicious yummies! Oh what a steady hand you must have had to do all that and so much fun too. Ruby x

angelwhispers said...

Oh my word these are all just fabulous what gorgeous designs I would love to be able to do these but just wouldn't want to eat them!! forget that that's the best bit yummy!! lol Chanelle xx