Monday, 9 April 2012

Anniversary Gift Set

It was my Sister in Law's wedding anniversary yesterday, so a very Happy First Wedding Anniversary to Sarah and Paul! I wanted to make something that incorporated paper for their first anniversary as tradition states that is the gift to give! Therefore I made a card, and decorated some blank MDF letters that I brought at the NEC craft show the other week, I used some mulberry paper flowers on those, thinking that counts as paper, right?! I used the colour scheme they had for their wedding last year too. I painted the letters with Annie Sloan chalk paint, then sanded the edges to give a distressed look. I then used some small background stamps and Tim Holtz distress ink to add some texture and depth to the background, not sure this shows up in the photos! I used another rosette on my card, told ya I was loving those at the moment ;) I love that sentiment on the card, one of my favourite quotes, I used this on our engagement announcements back in 2007, so I was happy to find a Papertry Ink stamp set with it included. The Out on a Limb set is my all time favourite quote set!












I really enjoyed making these and I'm so pleased I brought a K and A for us too, really looking forward to decorating them! I also brought a small blank tray, pen pot and a little house shaped shelf unit. Really love altering items and making home decoration projects. I have so many ideas for projects that I can display to add a personal creative touch to our home.

I really hope that you are having a lovely weekend. Happy Easter! Wishing you all many blessings. We are having a lovely weekend seeing our family.

Love,
xxx

6 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, those letters look beautiful now you have given them some loving care and the card is so pretty too. They will be thrilled with them.

Kerry said...

Hi Katrina,

These are soo pretty, I love them and I am sure your Sister in Law will love them too.

I to, am loving those rosettes you are making they are lovely for cards and projects.

Thank you again for your lovely comment on my blog. I am going to make my way through the candy tree soon!!!

Love Kerry xxx

Stephanie said...

Simply. Stunning. Great idea with their initials! You know that first year comes round ever so quick ;) & BTW, didn't I say your wedding should be featured in a wedding magazine?!!!! xxx

angelwhispers said...

I bet they adored these Katrina such a wonderful gift for a first Wedding Anniversary!! Chanelle xx

ribenaruby said...

What a beautiful thought Katrina,perfect gift with a lot of love! Ruby x

Jewel Smith said...

such beautiful wedding anniversary wishes you've got there. I find it very romantic and sweet. thanks for sharing. Congratulations and happy anniversary!