Sunday, 4 March 2012

The Vintage Chic Wedding Fair

Last October I had the pleasure of exhibiting at the Vintage Chic Wedding Fair at the Old Library at the Custard factory in Birmingham. It was a fabulous fair, I thoroughly enjoyed chatting to lots of brides and a few grooms to be! I also enjoyed chatting to the fellow exhibitors, some of who had been our chosen suppliers for our own wedding and some I am now lucky enough to class as friends. I had an amazing day when I attended the fair with my mum in January of last year whilst planning our wedding, it really was a lovely inspiring day, we didn't want to come home, we had lashings of tea and cake, and it helped tie together the last few pieces we needed to make our day extra special. It was what pushed me into finally pursuing a dream I had had for a while of having my own crafty business, I remember thinking oh I'd love to exhibit and be involved with something like this! Cathy and Susie did an amazing job of organising the fair, so a big thank you ladies! I also met the lovely Theresa Furey, a very talented wedding photographer, who was shooting pictures of the event and who has kindly let me have the images she took of my stand to share with you on here. They are fantastic images, so a big thank you to Theresa!











I will be exhibiting at the next Vintage Chic Fair on 22nd April, this time at the Centennial Centre, If you are currently planning your wedding I would highly recommend coming along, it won't disappoint, so many wonderful suppliers, all offering something unique and pretty for your special day, tickets are a bargain at £5 each. There is also live music too to add to the elegant vintage atmosphere, definitely a treat! Visit the website for more information or to purchase tickets. If you do go, I'll see you there, make sure you come and say hi!

I will share another post over the coming days of the photographs I took at the fair, including some of the other lovely exhibitors and their gorgeous stands.

Thank you for stopping by.


7 comments:

Kerry said...

Hi Katrina,

I hope you are well and feeling better after your cold.

Sorry I missed your last post, just catching up now on the pretty vintage birthday card - just gorgeous.

I could look at the photos of your stand all day, there is so many pretty & sweet ideas and I am sure the Brides to be just love it!

Love Kerry xxx

angelwhispers said...

Wow no wonder you didn't want to come home that day with your Mum if the fair is anything like you pretty stand I just love it so many special goodies for that extra special day! Chanelle xxx

bonnie said...

Oh what a beautiful display you have there sweetie...love that you have your pink typewriter on the table....it looks fabulous!!! ;) Hugs x

vintagechicweddingfair said...

What a lovely blog post Katrina! Thanks so much. We carefully handpick our exhibitors and are really pleased you can join us again on 22nd April.

Hope you bring the pink typewriter again. It's a real conversation piece!

xx

Grace Bend said...

Hi Katrina,
Your stand looks lovely, it looks like heaven on a table! Haha
Hugs
Gracex
xxx

ribenaruby said...

Lovely pics Katarina! I spot the pink typewriter,it looks so pretty. Ruby x

Miss Lola's Bakehouse said...

Hi Katarina, look forward to meeting you at the Vintage Chic Wedding Fair, I'm exhibiting too!

Your products looks absolutely scrumptious, you're very talented! Di- Miss Lola's Bakehouse xx