Thursday, 9 February 2012

A stitch in time.....

Sorry I've not been on here as often this past week, I have sinusitis, I think this cold weather is to blame and I also have a muscle in spasm in my back, so haven't been feeling very good at all! It's been playing up since New Year and I finally gave in and went to the doctors (us nurses make the worst patients!) and thankfully the painkillers she has given me have helped to ease it!

Thank you for the comments about my Dad's tree, my mum showed him and they made his day. Enjoying crafts runs in the family as my sister loves cross stitch and baking, and my mum knits and crochets. I showed you my sisters cakes on a previous post, today I wanted to share another of our amazing wedding presents, that was made by my sister, Natalie. It is a cross stitch of a bride and groom and has our names and wedding date embroidered underneath, it is such a beautiful piece of work, we absolutely love it and were again so touched by the effort and care taken to make it for us. It will always have pride of place in our home. We need to get it reframed as it needs to be stretched properly, but it was in this pretty frame as she was doing it right up until the wedding bless her. I like the frame and will put a picture in it afterwards. My sister had placed it on our cake table for us to see when we went into the wedding breakfast. I have only done small cross stitches in the past so can only imagine the work and patience that went into this. Thank you so much Nat, you are a star! I definitely think she has a talent for cross stitch, she has done some gorgeous ones.





Thank you for dropping by and for any comments you may leave, again I will show my sister if you do as it will be a great confidence boost for her. Why do we always criticise our own work, lol!!

I'll hopefully be back soon with the wedding invitations, still need to photograph them!

Love,
xxx

5 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Hi Katrina, sending you get well wishes...and look at this cross stitch piece, beautiful and so intricate, definitely would hang this ina frame, tell your sister 'it's stunning!' Ruby x

angelwhispers said...

My word your sister's present is fabulous so much love and I love your Wedding Tree what a creative family you are.

I just love everything on your blog its adorable and love looking at all your wedding photos and your ideas for it! Love Chanelle XXX

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Katrina! What a beautiful gift from your sister! Surely a treasured keepsake! I used to cross stitch and can sure appreciate the time and love that it took to make that for you! TFS :)

Grace Bend said...

Natalie should be so pleased with this, it is amazing!
Love Grace
xx

Babuxa said...

Love the picture. Could you please send me the cross stitch pattern? I'm a cross stitch fan and would love to make it...

Thanks a lot!