Thursday, 2 February 2012

Our Wedding Tree

I was completely blown away when my Dad made this for us as an extra special little wedding present, I actually cried I was so touched and overwhelmed! It was so thoughtful, so original and unique and so much work and effort. We will truly cherish this forever, we love it and it has pride of place on our mantel piece. I really do have such a talented Dad. He always criticises his work and doubts himself, which really frustrates me as I feel he has a real gift. Thank you Dad for all you do for us and for this amazing present.



It is a wedding tree and has our names and the date we were married, as well as our parents and their wedding dates and our siblings on there. So a special family keepsake. I love the in twined hearts on the top and leaf print. This was completely handmade and I think it was such a wonderful idea and design. Especially as it was the first time he had done anything like this!

I really am always excited to see what my dad comes up with in his workshop, he is making the most adorable hand painted egg cups at the moment.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I'd really really appreciate that if you like this you would take the time to leave a comment, so that I can show my Dad and he may then stop doubting himself!!

Some of these photographs are courtesy of the lovely Theresa Furey, who I met at the last wedding fair I did, her photography of my Dad's tree (that's my friend Cheryl holding the tree) and my stand and the fair in general was amazing. I'll be sharing some more on here about that very soon!

Love,

xxx

7 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Hi Katrina, there's no reason to doubt your truly talented dad, it's a wonderful keepsake, what a brilliant talent he has, and I know where you get your craftiness from, tell him to continue with his amazing work! Blessings to your family. Ruby x

Kerry said...

Hi Katrina,

Looking at all your beautiful pictures and ideas makes me so jealous that I wasn't at your wedding. I would have been in awe looking at the details and this little tree is amazing. It's so special that your Dad made it for you!

It would have pride of place in my home too!

Love Kerry xxx

Stephanie said...

Now we know where you get your creative talent from - what a star! (& so obviously made with heaps of love too) x

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a gorgeous keepsake Katrina! :) TFS

Tab said...

What a beautiful keepsake that you can treasure forever.....congrats on your recent Wedding, looks like you had a fabulous day and Cotton and Crumbs make such divine cakes, love them :o)

Hugs Tab xxx

Kate Lewis said...

What a beautiful gift Katrina, you'll cherish it forever I'm sure! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog, Kate x

Christina said...

I hope my Dad will also give us something special and memorable gift like that.

Christina @ Ralph Lauren Slim Fit Suits