Saturday, 11 February 2012

Beautiful Birdcages

I'm starting to feel a bit better thankfully, lots to catch up with now! Thank you to those of you who left comments on my last two posts about our handmade wedding presents from my Dad and sister, it was nice to tell them what you thought of their work :) At last I have managed to photograph our wedding invitations, just before I lost the daylight today!

I must admit I felt under immense pressure, only from myself I might add to produce some lovely invitations as most of our guests knew that I make cards and enjoyed crafting, I had even made some of our friends wedding invites and the fact that I had started a small wedding stationery business meant they needed to be good. I had so many ideas and found it hard to decide,but when it came down to it I knew what I really wanted to include. I knew I wanted to incorporate birdcages into our wedding invitations as we were having them as our centre pieces along with some tea light candelabras. I'm absolutely besotted with birdcages, I don't know why, but I am. I think it's their elegant, romantic, vintage appeal. I do love a birdie too! I also knew I wanted to include a doily, some bunting, bling, pearls and one of my favourite quotes. It was just a matter of how I was going to put all this together. I wanted them to be vintage/shabby chic inspired in soft colours. Therefore crinkled, dyed seam binding and a vintage sheet music background with distressed edges would go perfectly, so I then had my base, it was then just a question of adding the many other elements I wanted to include. This is what I came up with.....











I was really pleased with how they turned out. I love the quote we used, it is from the Papertrey Ink set, Out on a Limb sentiments, there are some beautiful quotes in that set, definitely one of my all time favourite sentiment sets. I feel the invitations reflected all the elements of our day and fitted our vintage theme. We didn't really have a set colour scheme, I wasn't really sure how it would all go together but just hoped that it would on the day! We presented them in boxes with tissue paper and they were tied up with seam binding, on the ones for immediate family and some of the bridal party I also used a brooch on the boxes.

They took forever to make, they were very time consuming and fiddly indeed, but I loved making our wedding stationery myself, it was a once in a lifetime mission afterall :) Therefore it was worth all the many hours spent, a big thank you to my family and friends that helped with some of the production line, you are all stars and they would have been simplified somewhat without your help. You know who you are, love you all so much!! All our family and friends loved them, we had so many wonderful comments. I wanted them to be little surprises wrapped up in those boxes that gave our guests a taste of what was to come. I think I just about managed to pull that off, however, they were very late being sent out due to one thing or another, thank goodness we had sent save the dates! All is well that ends well though!

I want to photograph the whole stsionery suite etc together as I've seen it done on some of the wedding blogs and it looks fab, so if I get around to doing that I'll post a pic of it all together.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Love,


xxx

10 comments:

sassy said...

stunning ...beem having a wander through and love the shabby chic it really all looked fabulous..your cake ..it blew me away and as i had to have a reminder of their work i posted a pici of the cakes and site hope your friend dosnt mind perhaps i should have asked first..just love everything and wish you both such happines hugs sassyx

Grace Bend said...

Hi Katrina,
I absoloutely love these invites! (Mum said it was a gorgeous surprise in a little box!)
Hugs
Grace
xxx

Kerry said...

Hi Katrina,

Your invitations are just amazing. I love how you have put soo much detail in a small space, but at the same time it's not too much! I always find this difficult.

I chose not to make my invitations simply for a time point of view & a friend made them for me. This makes me wish that I did made them myself.

Love Kerry xxx

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh how pretty Katrina! What a beautiful invitation! That bird cage is so pretty and love the shimmery bird!

Stephanie said...

Glad you're feeling better Karirna - your invitation is beyond beautiful & set the tone just right for the magical wedding that followed :) x

angelwhispers said...

My word these are amazing and I have just looked at your Wedding Stationery you have on your side bar these are just beautiful and love the vintage look perfect! Chanelle xxx

Ted said...

Katrina, just lovely... so unique and elegant. :)

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Sooo special that your created them yourself! It really is a piece of art..I would love to have something like that setting out on a shelf to remind me of the sweet day! Happy valentines day

Highland Monkey's said...

Just came across your blog. I have to say what a stunning card. It's beautiful and so elegant.

Tab said...

Amazing invites, hun....so unique and everso pretty....love them!
Hugs Tab xxx