Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Love sweet Love!

Thank you to everyone that has been following my wedding posts and leaving such lovely comments, they make me smile!! Here is another little snippet.

I love sweets!! Who doesn't right?! It brings out the child in us all I think! So I knew I wanted a sweetie buffet at our wedding for guests to help themselves to. I collected some old fashioned jars, including an ado
rable apothercary jar to put them in, some little pink stripey bags and some scoops and of course the most important ingredient, the sweets; Jelly Belly jelly beans, marshmallows, liquorice allsorts, wine gums, flying saucers etc! It was a hit and went down well with the kiddies, young and old! he he. Cheryl did a fantastic job at displaying it all and she also used some of her gorgeous jars and pieces.



Then for the ladies I decided on a nice little treat, my mum had brought me a set of mini Cath Kidston hand creams and I remember thinking that these would make great favours, they were in such pretty packaging. I found somewhere to order them from in bulk and then make some little handbag shaped boxes to put them in, I used Papertrey Ink's Favour It Box die, some pretty Tilda papers and punched out a heart to decorate the front with the Martha Stewart large lattice heart punch.




We were going to get the men favours but figured that they would just prefer to have more beer on offer from Audrey the Caravan!

The kidd
ies also had a little goodie bag with some colouring bits and pieces etc in to keep them occupied, thanks to my lovely friend and bridesmaid Becky for organising these!

Left to share about our day is the little wedding maps that I had drawn for us and then coloured, the invitations I made and if anyone is interested our honeymoon to California!

Love,


4 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

More stunning photos Katrina! Thanks for sharing the eye candy!

Stephanie said...

Eeeek, maybe it was lucky I wasn't at your wedding because I would have demolished those sweets (droool) & ruined the beautiful display lol What a generous favor gift....what a perfect day in general :) x

bonnie said...

Oh I love sweets too!! Your pics are so pretty...love the all the little details and finishing touches! The lucky people that got to share your special day will remember those sweet little touches forever....hugs x

Kerry said...

Hi Katrina,

Love the Sweets for the Kiddies & big ones! They look so pretty too.

I bet the ladies loved their favours, I know I would have.

& of course we are interested in more piccies!!!

Love Kerry xx