Friday, 20 January 2012

I heart Audrey!!!

More wedding posts I hear you say....... but I just had to share Audrey, it would not be fair to keep her out of the spotlight when she is the star of the show!! Who or what is Audrey I hear you say......well she is a stunningly beautiful 1960's vintage caravan!! I was bowled over when I first discovered Audrey, I was in love with the little lady! Yes a girl crush, lol! How can you not find her sage green exterior and little stable door adorable and the inside is no disappointment with her extremely pretty floral fabrics and cushions. So so pretty and so cute. I knew I wanted Audrey as our guest of honour, he he!

I had found Audrey via the Midlands Vintage Chic Wedding Fair, I had searched their website prior to attending the fair with my mum and came across the
Vintage Glamour Days website, where there was the prettiest china and accessories you can hire and of course Audrey! I couldn't wait for the fair now, to enquire about her.


Audrey was used to serve our reception drinks from, lovely P
imms and Lemonade, beer for the men and old fashioned pop's for the kiddos. Cheryl and James did an amzing job with this, everyone was ready for refreshments when they arrived at the venue after the church ceremony and journey there! Audrey was also a lovely backdrop for some of our photo's and added that extra special something to our charming venue's courtyard. Cheryl did a fabulous job of decoarating the outside of Audrey too with lovely vintage props, bunting and a message on her little blackboard.




Adrian and I have nicknamed Cheryl Mary Poppin's or my fairy godmother! As she also saved the day with our wedding decorations, I had been collecting vintage china prior to meeting Cheryl and had hoped to get all that I needed, I also had a mad idea that I would be able to, with the help of some friends get the bunting sewn!! How wrong I was, both Adrian and myself were involved in car accidents that resulted in injuries and written off cars in the run up to the wedding, therefore this meant a great deal of our time was taken up with sorting insurance paperwork, being in pain, finding new cars etc, we were lucky the injuries were nothing too serious but it was all enough to put us behind. As you can imagine trawling charity and antique shops for these little treasures is fun but very time consuming. As we both work full time, had the planning to do, all the bits I wanted to make and I had started my own wedding stationery business and done a few wedding fairs, had orders to do etc, it was manic. I know I'm a crazy woman setting up a business at that time, but it just sort of happened and was something I had wanted to do for such a long time and I do not regret that one bit. Anyway enough rambling......

I made an 11th hour call to Cheryl as I had though I would have to go without bunting and china due to lack of time, I knew I had really pretty centre pieces, so tried to console myself with this. I did have some china and it would be such a shame not to use it. I thought I would ma
ke a call to Cheryl just to see if I could hire her beautiful pieces to finish it all off, I knew it was a long shot, but Cheryl was amazing, nothing was too much trouble, she said I could use whatever we needed and not only that she gave up her day the day before to come and help set up and decorate!! Boy, did we need that help, we knew it would all be a lot of work but had no idea how much. Cheryl even said to leave her to it for a few hours as I had other errands to run, I felt awful leaving her at the venue, but she insited she would be fine as this is what she did all the time. So off we went for a few hours, when we arrived back I was close to bursting into tears, she had transformed the marque, bless her, with her lovely bunting, lace table coverings and pretty china, it looked amazing!!! I could not believe she had done this in such a short space of time and put all the bunting up by herself!!! Hence being called Mary Poppins or my Fairy Godmother, it was just like she had worked her magic!



We can not thank Cheryl enough for her help and friendship, it overwhelmed us and we will be forever thankful for it. It took what would have been a lovely wedding to another level, into our dream day!! Everyone commented and was pleasently suprised by Audrey and all the vintage props, it went down really well. We can not recommend Vintage Glamour Days enough if you are planning a vintage themed wedding or party, Cheryl even serves afternoon tea from Audrey. A truly special and memorable treat that is totally unique. Thank you so so much Cheryl, James and of course not forgetting Miss Audrey!! We are blessed to call you our friends now too!

Oh how I could live in that little caravan...................

Love,
xxx

Again some of the photographs used her are by the fantastic
Source Images. Others were from Cheryl's - Vintage Glamour Days Facebook page, where there are more!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Audrey is gorgeous lol & you were very lucky to discover Cheryl - her vision worked out perfectly....& to develop a friendship too is priceless :) x

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Wow oh wow...how I wish I could get married again so I could plan it all over again. LOVE LOVE this. cherry

bonnie said...

This is just so completely adorable sweetie what an absolutely magical day you had...beautiful! :) hugs x

Ted said...

Katrina, I was so flattered by your comments. :) This little Audrey is adorable and I can see why she stole your heart. I want one in my yard! ;) I'm happy to hear that you and your groom had a wonderfully memorable wedding day and I'm grateful to have met a new crafting e-buddy. :) I look forward to browsing through your blog more!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What wonderful photos!

Georgianna said...

Just getting caught up here on your wedding adventures, Katrina. Looks like it was fabulous! Congratulations!

– g

john4seo said...

Vintage China Hire

Vintage Crockery supply beautiful and authentic vintage crockery for weddings.
We are based in the Cotswolds and serve within a 30 mile radius.

112755464258067273528 said...

Love these colors and the photography is stunning! Beautiful post!
evening dresses 2013 with sleeves