Saturday, 5 February 2011

Where have I been?!!?!

Well hello lovelies! It's been quite a while I know, I've missed this little blog of mine and all of you too. The reason for the neglect, well, several really. Firstly in full on wedding planning mode now and loving it!! Have also discovered wedding blogs, this is good, but bad at the same time as I have spent too many hours perusing these numerous pages of wedding prettiness!! Very inspiring but you have been warned, it will pass several hours without you realising!!

Secondly well just
working full time and trying to be social and have a life, but thirdly an opportunity has presented itself which I could not ignore or let pass me by. I was looking for bridesmaid dresses and found a company I loved the designs of, searched for stockists and found a lovely bridal shop that stocked them - Bea's Bridal in Southam, Warwickshire! The shop is owned by the lovely Hannah, her assistant manager Ria is also very friendly and helpful, a must visit if you are getting married as they offer gorgeous dresses, cakes, vintage china hire, the list goes on, take a look at the site or visit the shop, it is very pretty, a real treat! Well I got chatting, those that no me know I'm good at this!! Got on to the subject of me being crafty and making invitations etc, next thing Hannah asks if I would like to put some samples in the shop!!! Beyond excited!!! They are starting a wedding planning side of the business and are looking to offer everything for the bride to be. Hannah took a look at my blog and then emailed me about it and now I'm making samples! I also went to a vintage weding fair in Birmingham and seeing all the talented ladies with their lovely goodies on display has spurred me on and I've now got business cards, a Whimsical Wishes Facebook page and an Etsy shop!! Not forgetting my little old blog here. So lots of wedding yumminess coming to my sites/pages very soon.

I've been wanting to ge
t a little crafty business going for some time and have done bits and pieces but something about planning our wedding has brought about more inspiration and motivation, so I'm going to throw myself into it once and for all. I plan to offer bespoke greetings cards, keepsakes, wedding stationery, favours and decor, in vintage, elegant and contemporary designs. Please visit my facebook page if you have time too.

So for now I'll leave you with a few of the wedding samples I have done so far, many, many more to come!! Don't worry though I will still be doing general cards and proje
cts too. Phot's taken in Bea's Bridal.







Thank you for stopping by, let me know you did so I can visit you in return.

Love,

4 comments:

bonnie said...

Oh wow you have been a busy girl I knew the wedding preparations would keep you away for abit but so plaeased that you have other wonderful news to share....those wedding cards are adorable...congrats on everything...have you opened Etsy yet? I couldn't see a link. Lovely to hear from you sweetie I bet you're getting so excited now!!! Sweet hugs ;) Bonnie xoxox

Mar1ena said...

Wow Katrina,
Lots of succes in your new ventures, I'm sure you will make it big!! :)
So exciting to find your niche and am thrilled for you!
Hugs, Marlene xx

Yvette said...

As a previous customer of Katrina's I can thoroughly recommend her to make the perfect creations for your special day whatever it may be.

Lots of luck Katrina
xxxx

Annelie said...

Great news Katrina, I´m so happy for you!!!
Good luck with everything,
Hugs Annelie