Saturday, 20 November 2010

First Christmas cards of 2010

I'm frantically trying to catch up with my to do list and my Christmas planning, feel way behind!! I made these Christmas cards a few weeks ago now when I went to my friend Gemma's for a craft day. Gemma had made us all a little gift, we had water bottles with our names on for our place settings and a lovely buffet with sandwiches, cakes etc. It was a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon and with such lovely ladies there for company I think I did more talking than crafting!! I didn't take any photo's unfortunately, I must remember to always take my camera! Thank you Gemma for arranging it and spoiling us, you're the best!!



Supplies: Stamp - Imaginations/DP - Websters pages/Buttons and twine - Papertrey Ink/Rick rack from stash/Other - Beaded oval nesties, Tim Holtz distress inks and tool, distress tool.



Supplies: Stamp - Whipper snapper designs, sentiment - Papertrey Ink/DP - Imaginesce/Butons - Papertrey Ink/Baker's twine - Stampeezee/Other - ribbon, oval and scallop oval punches - Stampin up, Tim Holtz distress inks and tool, distress tool.

I absolutely love Christmas and the build up to it, I love getting out my cherished Christmas decorations that I've collected over the years, they bring back such sweet memories. I also enjoy getting my Christmas crafting items out and using these to create handmade cards and gifts for loved ones.

I haven't had the best of weeks this week, had some news regarding my nan, she has been under investigation for mouth cancer and had her biospy results on Thursday, the good news is that it isn't a cancer that can spread to other parts of her body but the bad news is that it is a rare tumour of the jaw which had eated away at the jaw and she has got to undergo a major 10hr operation to remove it and reconstruct her jaw with bone and arteries from her leg. It is a risky operation but the risks of not having it are bad too as it will continue to grow and cause damage. The recovery involves a stay in ICU, breathing tubes, liquidised food, speech and language therapy, a long haul bacically. Not a nice prospect at any age but she is 77 and has had heart trouble in the past, we are very worried about her. So please say a little prayer that she comes through this OK. She is having more tests etc and will be having this surgery after Christmas. So we will try to make Christmas special for her to hopefully take her mind off what the new year is to bring.

Thank you so much for stopping by, please let me know that you did so I can visit you in return.

Hugs,

6 comments:

Yvette said...

Adore the cards Katrina but I'm so sorry to hear about your nan. I will remember her in my prayers and pray that all goes well for her.

Sandra said...

will keep Nan in my prayers, hope all goes well.
Sandra

Annelie said...

So sorry to hear about your nan Katrina, it´s really sad...
Hope it all goes well and that you can make the best out of X-mas anyway. I think that will mean a lot for your nan!

Your cards are really great, love them both!
Hugs Annelie

Clare *Littlebear* said...

So sorry to hear about your Nan Katrina. I hope her operation goes well.
Your cards are gorgeous, so traditional!
Sorry I've not visited for a while, due to illness.
Hugs, Clare x

bonnie said...

Thinking of you and your sweet family...I hope you Nan will be ok....you are all in my thoughts and prayers...BIG {{{HUGS}}} to you xx

bonnie said...

Forgot to say....such beautiful Christmas cards....I love them! :) xx