Sunday, 26 September 2010

Birthday celebrations!

I have had a lovely week off, It's flown by though!! Probably because it's gotten a bit busy around here again! I had a really nice birthday though, it was great to get away for a few days, it was relaxing and the Cotswolds are beautiful. We stayed in Stow-on-the-Wold which is a lovely little town, some nice little shops, cozy pubs and gorgeous countryside. I was drooling over many of the stunningly pretty cottages around the Cotswolds. We stayed in a great hotel too, called The Royalist, one of the oldest inns in England, I'd recommend it if you were planning a break away in that neck of the woods, it was a great base too, we only seemed to be 10 miles from anywhere, so the travelling didn't take long. Here are a few pics.







Thank you to my better half, Adrian for such a lovely break, it was refreshing!! I was spoilt on my birthday, I really was. Thanks to my family and friends, you are the best!! Here are my goodies, lots of Papertrey goodies from Adrian, othe
r crafting goodies include new nesties, magnolia dies, Basic grey and October afternoon papers and some Greeting farm stamps, doesn't get much better than that for a paper crafter does it!! ha ha. I had some lovely decorative items for our little cottage too, will enjoy finding a home for these! I also had a fab cupcake stand, I will have fun using that!! I had some pretty jewellery and a cozy jumper too. I also had some money, gift vouchers and lovely flowers. I'll get some nice snuggly autumn/winter clothes with my vouchers and what money I have left, as it's definitely gotten chilly the last few days.



I also was very touched at the gorgeous gifts that my friend Gemma and her lovely mum, Jan sent me, I was really spoilt here, look at the amazing items Jan made me, she is a fantastic sewer/quilter and I now have this really pretty matching set, including a sewing bag, pin cushion, needle case and scissor holder, how cute are these?!! All in my favourite Tilda fabric too. A big thank you to Gemma and Jan for their thoughtfulness and effort, I love them!! I just need to get sewing now!



I was also lucky enou
gh to have some gorgeous handmade cards, nothing nicer!! thank you to Debbie, Grace, Gemma and Annika for these! When I first started crafting I didn't really know many who shared my hobby, it's so great that I have made such fab crafty friends!

I have got a few cards etc that I've made to share and will do over the next few days. I didn't do as much crafting as I intended to but spent some time with family and caught up with friends, which after all is the most important thing you can do! I was at one of my best friends hen parties yesterday, which I helped plan, we had a fun day and I really enjoyed my massage too!

I'll be back soon, don't forget to enter my Papertrey Ink blog candy!

Big hugs,

xxxxxxx

7 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday :) but you deserve it. Thank you so much for your very kind comments on my work - you are luverly. The photos are great. Hopefully catch up soon. Jan xx

gracielou97 said...

Hi Katrina,
what lovely stuff you have had!
and the cotswolds looked fab!!
Hugs
Grace
xxx

Clare *Littlebear* said...

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Katrina.
I'm so glad you had a good time. Stow is a lovely place to stay.
Hugs, Clare x

bonnie said...

Goodness me Katrina you must have a lot of wonderful friends you get the most amazing presents too!! Glad you had a lovely birthday that little place looks so sweet and so do you :) glad you had a lovely week off...hope to see those new goodies being put to some use!! Hugs...Bonnie xx

TanySol said...

Sound awesome!
Best wishes in your Birthday Katrina!!!!
Thanks for your fantastic blog!!!!!

radha said...

Amazing post..
Happy Birthday have a wonderful day..



Birthday Shayari.

TuKara said...

Wow!!!! lovely stuff .Bon anniversaire!!!