Monday, 23 August 2010

The date is set!!!

What a few weeks/months it has been, so many ups and downs and it's been very busy! I'm really happy to say that one of our biggest goals this year has now been met though!!! We have set a date for our wedding!!! We will be tying the knot on 9th September 2011!!! I can not wait! I love Adrian so much and it will be fantastic to finally be Mr and Mrs! We have been together nearly nine years now and engaged for three, so it will be lots of fun planning our big day at last. We are hoping the ceremony will be at the church here in Brinklow (awaiting confirmation as there is a new vicar starting in September, but I've been told there shouldn't be a problem) and we have booked and paid our deposit on a beautiful venue, near Leamington Spa, called Wethele Manor. Wethele is just the sort of place we were looking for, somewhere with character and rustic charm, simple and elegant without being pretentious, somewhere where our guests would feel at home and Wethele ticks all those boxes. It is a family run place and they are very friendly and accommodating, which allows us to have what we want, we have exclusive use of the manor farmhouse, the barns and marquee. I have so many ideas for decorating etc it's untrue!! I can't wait to really get stuck into the planning and organising. It's a year away but if the last year is anything to go by it will be here before we know it!! So I better get cracking.

I'm in the process of designing and making save the date cards and I'll share those as soon as they are sent out. I'm decorating a chipboard album that will be my wedding planner/idea book, so watch this space for those.

In the mean time I have made a few little thank you notelets with some of my Papertrey Ink supplies, as I really don't have much of a card stash lately. This needs to change as I have been wanting to put some things in my Etsy shop for a while now, but with the wedding to save and pay for I think I need to make this a reality, the extra pennies will definitely come in handy. I'm always getting asked by work colleagues etc ask for cards and it will be great to direct them to my Etsy shop, I will also perhaps start a Folky shop too, so there is more choice where to shop for my goodies. For anyone interested I will link them on here when they are up and running. I know that most of you that visit make your own but just thought I'd mention it for those that don't. I may have try to do some mini kits, possibly PTI for the crafters out there, so that may be worth a look!



4 comments:

lil-paper-pixie said...

Big congratulations hunni, I am sooooo excited for you both.x We must meet up soon.

Hugs

Sarah

GEMMA said...

Yippee! So excited for your big day. You'll have so much fun planning I'm sure! Love the notecards, I remember that flower from craft group! Looks great! Catch up with you soon xx

Annelie said...

How exciting, I´m so happy for you!!
Take care and enjoy the trip!
Hugs Annelie

bonnie said...

Oh how wonderful and delighted I am for you both, it must be a huge relief to get something actually booked and set!!! Now you can relax abit and focus on all the details which is the fun part!! It's my Brother's wedding this week and my daughters and I are Bridesmaids...it should be fun and I've had a few responsibilities for it but it's all coming together beautifully now!! I am soooo excited for you both! Love the little notecards they are so sweet...like you :) xx