Sunday, 4 April 2010

Friday was sew good!

Happy Easter, hope you are having a lovely Easter weekend! Don't eat too much chocolate (like that's going to happen!).

On Friday I had a lovely day with my friend Gemma and her mum, Jan. Jan was teaching us to sew!! Now I have always wanted to me able to sew, but my past experience amounted to making a pair of oven gloves at school and a cushion with my friend Caroline (with which I needed a lot of help)! Jan was a great teacher and was very patient with us! Big thanks to her for giving up her time for us and to Gem for having me over, it was a great way to spend Good Friday! I was really pleased with what we had made and thought I'd share it here with you. I have a long way to go but feel that I have made a good start and feel some more sewing coming on the weeks and months to come!

Now for this doorstop, I needed a lot of help and guidance, it was tricky and Jan was a star! I don't think I'll attempt one of these on my own just yet! I love the blue gingham and heart and it goes lovely in my bathroom!


The next item was a cushion, which was simpler to make and I'm really pleased with it because it goes lovely in my bedroom, I love the fabric which was from my favourite American Country craft and quilting shop in Chester - Liberty Bell, I feel another trip to Chester coming on for more fabric etc!!! I have also used some felt, sizzix dies, big shot and PTI buttons for the flowers, proving that these tools etc are very versatile!



I feel a lot of cushion making coming on!!! At least my box of sewing materials I've collected are finally being used!

I'll have a card and candy to share in the next few days.

Hugs,

8 comments:

Clare *Littlebear* said...

It sounds like you had a great time on Friday. These projects are brilliant - well done!
Clare x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Katrina,
These are fantastic especially for a first try. Really preetty and practical too. Well done.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Debbie said...

Hi Katrina :) Thank you so much for the goodies that arrived yesterday - i have already put them to good use and hope you approve - piccies are on my blog :D

Thanks again
Debbie
x

CoventryAnn said...

Love the cushion, the fabric is gorgeous.

GEMMA said...

I'm glad you had fun chick, it was such a good day! Good job my mum was patient with us! I've just been to the fabric shop of my mum and got some great bits from her! Hehe! Both the items you made look great in your house! X

Gail's Card Cafe' said...

Great lookin' projects! Love the fabric on you pillow :)

bonnie said...

Oh Katrina...these projects are amazing, I'm so proud of you to have made these....I would soooo love to be able to make these, they are absolutely adorable, I love them both as they are shabby and pretty! What a great start....I cannot wait to see more! Hugs, Bonnie xoxox

Gracie said...

Oooh they are so lovely Katrina!!! aBSOLOUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have had a great easter!
Hugs
Grace
xxx