Sunday, 21 February 2010

Wishing you well

Where are the weeks going, they are whizzing by! We have been visiting Adrian's nan this weekend as she has had a nasty fall and broken her shoulder. She is in a lot of pain and is very bruised and shaken up, bless her. She is nearly 85 and is very independent and doesn't like a fuss but we are all trying to help out and make sure she is looked after, as much as she will allow anyway! She hadn't been feeling well since the start of the year, so this is not what she needed really, it's knocked her confidence.

I made this card for her and we took flowers and cakes round! Then sat and put the world to rights! lol.



Supplies: image - Motivet/Sentiment - PTI/Ribbon and flowers from stash/Tools - nesties, fiskars apron lace punch.

I was tempted to use patterned paper but pleased I didn't as I quite like the freshness of the white and blue together. Also they are the nurses colours where I work so maybe it's because the image is of a nurse!

We have had snow again where we are, is spring ever coming?!

Enjoy your Sunday. Here's wishing you are well.

Love

7 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Katrina,
This is a beautiful card. I love the colours and the gorgeous image. I'll bet it cheered her up no end.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Katrina! Hope she gets well soon, they dont like making it easy do they when they like to stay independent but im sure she loves the fact youre looking after her xxx

Contented Caroline said...

Hope your nan gets better soon - i'm sure she will love the card.

bonnie said...

Oh Katrina what a cute lil image and beautiful colouring....I have never coloured as yet...well for one I have no pens but I am abit scared too..lol!!! This is a sweet card, I hope you made her day and that she gets better soon*****sending her some get well wishes**** :) Hugs, Bonnie x

HazelQ said...

Cute card Katrina :) I love the colors. I hope Adrian's nan is feeling better, best wishes to her.
Hugs
Hazel

Esme said...

Hi Katrina

Love this image! Very cute and love the colours!!
Hope Adrian's nan is feeling a bit better!

Esme x

Pegg S said...

Oh what a beautiful card that will surely cheer her spirits! The Motivet images are too adorable!