Friday, 1 January 2010

Welcome 2010!

We had a lovely evening seeing in the New Year with my parents last night. I hope you had a great time whatever you were doing.



I can't believe it is 2010 already, where has the last decade gone! Well 2009 was a great year and I hope this year is even better for us all. I always start the New Year with setting some goals and aims for the twelve months ahead, not resolutions! Resolutions sound too formal like rules and rules are made to be broken! lol. Therefore I feel more comfortable just thinking about what I would like to achieve this year and go from there. I'm a very goal orientated person and a stickler for lists!

So here are my goals and aims for 2010!

*To get fit, eat healthier, take more exercise, loose a few pounds etc, to find time to pamper every now and again, I've neglected myself and am not feeling great or very confident anymore. So to hopefully feel healthier as a result.

*To make time to relax, kick back with a good book, watch a movie/TV, or to just do nothing, the past year was so busy, I want to start to make time to unwind every now and then, I'm always doing something, I like to be busy but sometimes you need to listen to your body/mind and take time out for a break!

*To create more!!! I want to create more cards, scrapbook those wonderful memories, learn to sew, to just make things!! To not be scared to use those supplies or hold back, to let my creative side loose a bit more! To just have a go, it doesn't always have to be a work of art! I want to post here on my blog as much as I can and share my endeavours with you. Hopefully more often this year than last, I had a huge task of decorating our home this time last year, moving in etc so I'm already at an advantage!

*To experiment more with cooking and to make time to do some baking, I just love creating, and this is another form of that and it's edible, so can't be bad! I don't just want to cook the same meals week in week out, so I want to have a go at being more creative in the kitchen. I used to love baking at home with my mum and sister but haven't due to other things taking preference, time constraints etc but this year will hopefully see some home baked produce, nothing better then the smell of a cake baking in the oven! (I suppose this doesn't really coincide with the eat healthier goal but everything in moderation hey! lol).

*To decorate our kitchen, the only room we didn't do last year, so I'll want to spend time in there to do the above!

*To make our garden more welcoming and pretty. (I would love a veggie patch and chickens but we'll see, maybe that's a tad ambitious, but who knows!).

*To hopefully set a date for our wedding.

*Which brings me to saving more and being more careful with my money! My name is Katrina and I'm a recovering shopaholic and this hobby of ours does not help! lol. These companies know how to make us part with our £££ releasing all these yummy products all the time, I will still indulge but I need to start using and not just hoarding etc! I may sell some cards, take part in a craft fair etc to help fund my hobby. I will be selling off some of my older unwanted craft items too, so if you like a bargain watch this space!

*To be more organised, I generally am but there is aways room for improvement but the busy lives we all lead make it hard, I think being organised and prepared etc helps to free up time for more important things, so the start of the year will see some sorting, organising, streamlining etc! As it's a great feeling being on top of things and you never know what is around the corner!

Of course there are many other things I'd like to achieve etc but that is a summary and starting point, should keep me busy and out of mischief.

My main aim in life is always to try to be a better partner, daughter, sister, friend etc, to always try to be a better person. To always try to be true to yourself and you can't go far wrong!

Thank you for sticking with me through that, it helps to write these things down and feels good to share, as I now feel I need to forge forward with these things, because if I don't I'm not just letting myself down....

So I'll have some projects to share soon, think you may have had enough of me wittering on and sharing pics!

I wish you a successful year with your goals, hopes, aims and aspirations. Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you will be among the stars!

Hugs,

2 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

Happy New Year to you too Katrina - I hope you manage to fulfil all your ambitions for 2010. I'm certainly with you on a number of those - getting fit and healthier for a start. Must get together again soon for more crafting!!! Have a peak in your diary and come up with some dates.

Gracie said...

Happy new year to you as well Katrina! I hope you achievev all your goals this year
xxxx