Thursday, 28 January 2010

Men's cards are a pain!

Don't you just hate doing men's cards?! I have started to run out of ideas for them, they are so much harder than doing cards for us girlie's! It's Adrian's dad's birthday so I had to try to come up with something quick as I have already used all my male images on past cards for him. Debbie from Stampeezee came to the rescue with this stamp library stamp. Which was perfect for Mike as he is a real handy man! I was pushed for time though as work and life have been busy this past week, so here is what I came up with. I used a piece of note paper to make a mock list as Mike is always leaving to do lists everywhere! The image pulls forward to reveal the to do list, which reads 1) put your feet up, 2) open a beer, 3) put on a DVD (Mike's favourite past time is watching films) 4) relax!!


Happy Birthday Mike and thank you for all you do for us!
I also make some yummy lemon cake again as it went down a storm last time and I think it was even better this time!

Hopefully I'll be back with some girlie cards soon, a card just isn't a card without flowers, ribbon, buttons or lace and nice girlie images!

I'll have some blog candy up for grabs and will announce my follower of the month for January so check back soon!

Thanks for looking,

5 comments:

Annelie said...

Great idea Katrina! It´s always fun to get a personal card I think. *I like*

GEMMA said...

This card is lovely, the to do list is really thoughtful! Hope he likes it! X

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Katrina, i hope you are well hunny. Wow what a great card, i hate doing mens cards. I had to do a 50th last night, i will be posting it later, not overly happy, but couldn't come up with anything else. I love your idea, much better than mine! have a great weekend hugs Linda x

Debbie said...

Im with you on that sentiment hun - i hate making mens cards!! Yours is fab though - great idea!!

Esme said...

Ahh this is great! Just curious....is that the actual wall behind or is that part of the card?

Esme x