Tuesday, 19 January 2010

First card of 2010!

At last my first card of 2010! It has been funny start to the year, the weather has been bad and so many bugs going round! Hopefully things are on the up. I may be behind with some of my goals for the new year but I'm ahead on one, I've been doing a lot of sorting and organising, trying to get some order amongst the chaos, lol. I've been having a huge sort of everything, but especially my craft stuff. I have finally gotten around to the mammoth task of organising my stamps, I hang my head in shame at having so many that have never seen ink, I stopped counting when I got past 150!!! (there are many many more too!). So at least I realise I can try to stick to my resolution of spending less, I do not need another stamp for a while, I repeat I do not need another stamp for a while!!! (I'm trying to convince myself, lol).

Anyway here is my card, I have made this for the Simon says stamp challenge, which is shabby chic, my favourite style! As you can see by my bedroom wallpaper in the background! Thought that would be a suitable backdrop for the photo. There is also a design team call over there for those of you that are interested. I'd also like to enter this for the challenge over at Papertake weekly which is pretty pink papertake. As I've gone all out girly and pink, I thought this would count.



Supplies used: Image - Unity stamp co KOTM stamp/DP - Webster's pages/Twill tape - Papertrey ink/ Crochet lace, paper doily and flowers from stash/ Pearls - SU preeties kit/Tools and accents - nesties, distress inks, teabag for staining, distress tool, shimmerz spray and glamour dust.

I'm quite pleased with how this turned out, unusual for me as I'm my own worst critic! I've also been doing a lot of stamping and colouring, so more cards on the way!!!

Thank you for stopping by, hope you are having a good week so far.
Hugs,

7 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

It's lovely Katrina - like shabby-chic too. Hope you guys are on the mend now and we can get together for crafting soon.

My Little Space said...

Fabulous card!

Thank you for joining us this week at PTW.

Mandy

Katty Bell said...

I love this vintage look, lovely card!

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card :-) The image and papers you used are fab ,, lovely flowers too :-)

thanks for joining the PTW and Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)

Luv
Lols x x

aardvarkpest said...

Gorgeous card. Love the vintage feel and the unusual image.

Glenda

kanishk said...

Fabulous card!

Work from home India

Annelie said...

I really love this card!! The look, the colours and the decorations... It´s beautiful