Sunday, 27 December 2009

Rockin' around the Christmas tree!

Warning: LONG POST!!!

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I wish you all blessings of love, peace and joy this holiday season and for the New Year ahead!

I want to thank you all for your visits, comments, encouragement and support over the past year, it means more to me than you could ever know! I hope you will continue to pop by in the New Year, I'm hoping it will me an even more creative one! Thank you to those of you who follow my little old blog too, I am not worthy of such wonderful blogging friends!

Apologies for being such a bad blogger in December but like everyone else, Christmas planning and preparation, time with friends and loved ones, and work get in the way. Definitely a case of so much to do so little time! I wish they would invent longer days but where you still only needed the same amount of sleep as regular days, lol, even if it was just for December!

Doesn't time just fly when you are having fun! I'm so shattered after rocking around the Christmas tree that I'm having a PJ day today! Before I'm back in work tomorrow.

I just thought I'd share what I've been up to, some Christmas snaps and a few cards I'd made!

On the 11th December I went to Germany to the Christmas markets with my Mum, we had a lovely time, it is so pretty and Chrismassy there!



Me and mum with our Gluhwein! Needed this to warm me up, it snowed whilst we were there!

On the 17th Dec, Debbie, my friend and owner of Stampeezee kindly took her DT out for a Christmas meal, it was such a nice gesture and we all had a fantastic evening, good food and great company, thanks girls for your stunning Christmas cards and lovely presents, I'm blessed to have made so many wonderful friends through this amazing hobby!


In this phot0 (left to right) Mandy, Debbie, Sonia, Marlene, Annika, Me, Sarah.

Then on Sat 19th, Annika kindly invited Caroline and myself around for some crafting, I got a few last minute cards made.





Then on on Sunday we went to see Adrian's family for a few hours, but then I came down with a horrible stomach bug and for a few days felt really grotty, thankfully I picked up for Christmas but it had put me behind, so Wednesday saw me trying to get last minute jobs done, thank goodness for the local farmshop for all our fresh produce! We had family round on Wednesday night, then work Thursday and all my family over for Christmas eve.

We had fun at our local pub and I enjoyed entertaining and cooking. Then on Christmas day Adrian and celebrated our first Christmas in our own home, we had invited his mum and dad for Christmas dinner, not enough room in our little cottage to invite any more for a proper sit down dinner but I'd invite the whole family if I had the room. I'm pleased to say that my first attempt at cooking a Christmas dinner was a success, thanks to my mum and dad for teaching me well! Boxing day we visited family and that brings us to today! Phew!

Here is a pic of my little cottage decked out for Christmas, yes I have a lot of Christmas decorations! lol.


Hectic but well worth it! I have had a fantastic time (minus the stomach bug!). We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in our lives, the best part is spending time with you all. Thank you to everyone for their Christmas cards and wishes and lovely presents, we have been spoiled rotten again!

I have lots more photos to share, I'll try and pop a slide show on here at some point!

Enjoy what is left of the festive season, thank you for stopping by.

Holiday hugs,

5 comments:

Elaine A said...

Katrina -

WOW! You had an extremely busy and eventful December! Love all the photos. Thanks for sharing with us.

Elaine Allen

GEMMA said...

Your cottage looks lovely with all the decorations! And the tree looks great - real transformation from when I saw it last! Glad your Christmas day was good. Looking forward to catching up in 2010. Love Gem x

mycraftypatch said...

Nice to see you had a great Christmas. Thanks for the pressie they are my favourite choccies, they're all gone now.
Wishing you a very happy & creative 2010.
Hugs Sonia xxx

Clare said...

Hi Katrina,
Your cottage looks gorgeous with all the decorations.
It sounds like you have had a wonderful holiday season, best wishes for a happy New Year too.
Clare x

HazelQ said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun :) I really like your Christmas decorations, they look really nice.
Best wishes for 2010 :)
Hugs
Hazel