Friday, 13 November 2009

How cute is Wee?

I'm just loving these super cute new stamps from Whiff of Joy, I HAD to have them! lol. They are so adorable. I have also been dying to try this cracked glass technique for ages! I'm so pleased that I did, it's really good fun!



Supplies: stamps - whiff of Joy, swirl stamp - SU/ sentiment - Papertrey ink/ cardstock and linen thread - SU/ Ribbon - hobbycraft/ button - Papertrey Ink/ other- clear emossing powder, shimmerz spray in baby's breath.

I messed up my swirls round the edges a bit but never mind, I didn't have time to re-stamp and colour my image! Kept it quite simple so the focal point is the image. I spritzed to whole image with Shimmerz spray before embossing it for the cracked glass, this doesn't show up very well in the photo. Hate taking photos this time of the year, lighting is always terrible and can never seem to get a decent photo of my projects, any one got any tips?

How miserable is the weather now? Thank goodness it's Friday! I've locked the door for the night and got the log burner roaring! Love being cozy.

Off to the hairdressers for a much needed colour and cut tomorrow, been having lots of bad hair days lately! So can't wait to have it spruced up, always makes you feel better.

Have a great weekend whatever you are doing.

Thanks for stopping by my little old blog!

Hugs,

6 comments:

Craftypagan said...

Soooo beautiful:) I love these new woj stamps-they're so cool! Enjoy getting your hair done tomorrow! I need mine doing now but have to wait till 23rd Decmeber-bleurgh! Have a great weekend.

craftingmanda said...

thats gorgeous i have never tried that affect love it

Gracie said...

So beautiful i love it Katrina!

Weather is awful,
Cant wait for christmas!!
I think its only 6 weeks away! Better get started on my christnmas cards.....
Hugs
Grace
xxxxx

Elaine said...

I love these images too! Soooo sweet! I did a crackled image recently too - not as cute as yours, but it was fun- they sure look neat, don't they? Well have a nice time at the hairdresser tomorrow! I always enjoy going...such a nice treat! Unlike our weather - snow today!

Annelie said...

I really love this card Katrina!
A wonderful stamp and a great effect with the cracked glass technique. I really would like to try it.
Hugs Annelie

Karin said...

Hello Katrina,
woaw what a beutiful technique, I really love this card. You have a nice blog, now I will take a look at all the other things you have made here.
Have a nice evening,
Karin