Friday, 23 October 2009

Pumpkin season!

I know you will probably think I'm daft but I have a thing for pumpkins! Don't ask me why, I really don't know. Probably because I love autumn and they seem to symbolise the season and the harvest time. They are also fun for Halloween. Went to the local farm shop and brought my first pumpkin today which will be turned into pumpkin pie later in the week! I've got my pumpkin decorations out and my pumpkin spice Yankee candles burning, they smell delish! I even live over the street from Pumpkin Deli! Yes, I'm obsessed. Told ya you would think I'm mad!

So when I got this pumpkin stamp in the the September Unity Kit of The Month I had to use it, it's adorable!



Supplies: Stamps - Unity/coloured with promarkers/ DP, ribbon, linen thread and cardstock - SU/ Raffia lace and buttons from stash/Tools - Fiskars threading water punch.

We have Adrian's mum and dad's dog, Henry staying with us for a few days and as today was my day off, my mum and Sister brought our dog Scruffy over and we went for a lovely long walk around the surrounding countryside with them, nice fresh air, it was a proper autumn day! I love living in the countryside, I find it really inspires me! So watch out for some more fall/Halloween projects over the next week or so. It seems to be passing by so quickly so I'm trying to make the most of it.

Thank you so much for looking and here's wishing you all the blessings of the season.


12 comments:

Elaine A said...

Love the card Katrina. You have done a beautiful job with it. And Autumn is my favorite time of year also, and my favorite pie of all time is . . . PUMPKIN!! What else would it be, not pumpkin chiffon, just plain old pumpkin, I don't even need the whipped cream! Have a wonderful weekend.

Elaine Allen

Magda said...

Great card Katrina. Great colours. I like robbon and the image is fantastic.
Have a nice weekend!
Magda :)

Moni said...

Beautiful card,so love the colours and cute image! Husg,moni

HazelQ said...

Lovely card Katrina, the colors are pretty and the ribbon too :)
Hugs
Hazel

Annelie said...

Hi Katrina! I´m so sorry to hear about your accident earlier this month! I really hope that you´re feeling ok now!? I know, It´s been a while since my last visit...

Every year my youngest son does a really nice pumpkin-head that we put candles in at night for Halloween. Thats just about it what we care about Halloween... Maybe this year I will decorate more with some small pumpkins though I´m having a bit of an "orange-colourperiod" right now. I love that warm, happy colour!
But I don´t think I ever can take care of the pumpkinmeat and EAT it!? It smells awful I think! (Sorry but I do) One year we actually took care of some of the seeds(?) and saved until springtime and put down in our garden. We actually succeed and got our own pumpkin. Unfortunately it didn´t make it all the way until October..

I really love your card and I´m looking forward to see more!
Hugs A.

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning card Katrina, I love pumpkins too.....lol......will pop in the shop to see you tomorrow.

Hugs

Sarah

CoventryAnn said...

Love that stamp too, it made an appearance on my DD2 birthday card last week. We have a pumpkin sitting in the garage, ready for carving next week:)

Gracie said...

Oh katrina how lovely!!
That Stamp is adorable!
I love the pumpkins to - I love the bright orange colour! If that makes sense!

Hugs
Grace
xxxxx

Stephanie said...

I love this card - must check out Unity's releases this month!
Hugs
Steph xxx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Katrina! Will now go see what Unity stamps are available this month - i forgot to check!

GEMMA said...

This is lovely card Katrina, especially love the bow with the button on top! xx

prashant said...

and my favorite pie of all time is . . . PUMPKIN!! Work from home India