Monday, 5 October 2009

Accident

Just a quick post to let you know that I here but may not be posting much this week.

Adrian and I were involved in car accident yesterday, we had been out shopping and were slowing down to turn right on a dual carriage way when a car ploughed into the back of us at approx 50-60mph and pushed us into the path of an on coming lorry. Thank the lord we were not hit by the lorry, Adrian just about managed to keep control of the car. We both ended up in A & E department, the impact has left us both with terrible whiplash injuries and aches and pains all over. I have had whiplash and back trouble in the past so my poor back is really feeling it. I have been feeling a bit run down lately anyway and this has just left me feeling exhausted. Hence mojo and motivation go out the window again! Typical as I'm due to start my new job on Wednesday, I'll have to hobble into work, thank goodness for painkillers! We were really shaken and shocked at the time. Just goes to show you never know what is around the corner, really scary to think that one minute you are just going about your business and the next it could be all over. Hold onto life with both hands and live the life you dream of!

God must have been watching over us and I thank him for keeping us safe. We are very lucky to be here and I count my blessings!

The ladies that won candy I'll get it posted out to you ASAP but may take a while, really sorry.

Our families have helped us out the last two days and I am thankful too that we are surrounded by such loving, caring and helpful people.

Wishing you all safe journeys wherever you are headed, keep safe!

Love,



17 comments:

Jessica - Layouts from the Heart said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear of your accident! Glad that it was not worse though, said a little prayer for your health, and that of your loved ones...

HazelQ said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were in an accident, I hope you and your husband recover soon. I'm sure God is watching over you :)

Jeanet said...

Oh how awful. I wish you two a soon recovery. This time it where you two people realising life could be over in one second... Unfortunately we realised that two years ago when our 13 years old son died in an accident (his photo is on our blog). And I'm sure God is watching over us all!

lil-paper-pixie said...

Oh Katrina I am so glad you are both OK, take care of yourselves, sending loads of hugs & no you don't know whats around the corner...a lad I work with died at the weeken playing football......he was 31.......just collapsed.......live for the moment I say!!!!

Hugs

Sarah

Elaine A said...

Katrina -

Oh you poor things. Thank the Lord that you escaped serious injury. Your Guardian Angels were really doing their jobs that day. God Bless you both and feel better.

Elaine Allen

Tertia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tertia said...

So sorry to hear about the accident Katrine. Wishing you a ver speedy recovery and saying a special prayer to thank God you were not more seriously injured.

Louise Z said...

Oh my, so sorry to hear that. Wish you a speedy recovery. Unfortunately it's not how you drive sometimes, but how others do. All the best for your new job too :)
Take care, Louise

Gosia said...

Katrine, so sorry to hear about the accident .
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Hugs

Nunt said...

Best wishes for you and your hubby - hope you get back on track soon!

xx,
nunt

Clare (Littlebear) said...

Oh how awful for you both, but I am so glad it wasn't worse. Please take care of yourselves and recover quickly.
Hugs, Clare x

Elaine said...

Thank goodness you are OK...I know you are hurting and I send you hugs and get well soon vibes (to you both). Take care and so sorry that this happened!! many hugs!!!

♥Elaine

Louise Galt said...

oh my goodness, Katrina that must have been so terrifying, but thank god your both ok. wishing you both a speedy recovery, and hope that your feeling normal again soon.
xxx

Gracie said...

Oh Katrina i ma very sorry to hear about your accident.
Hope you and Adrian recover soon!
Hugs
Grace
xxxxxxxxxxx

Stephanie said...

Oh Katrina - that sounds truly horrifying & yes, God was definitely watching over you both that day hun :)

Sending Big Hugs & thanks for your lovely emails

Love Steph xxx

craftingmanda said...

so sorry ot hear about your accident I hope you are on the mend now and that your first few days in your new job are going well. I am looking forward to meeting you at Stephs Christmas make and take in Essex :) Yay

Marley said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your accident.. hope that you and your husband recover soon!! xx hugs Marley