Saturday, 10 October 2009

All Santa's Reindeer

Well what a week! Firstly I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who left me lovely comments or sent emails regarding our accident, you are all such lovely people! Also I would like to thank our family for all their help this past week and my best friend Daniela and her mum Yvette for the lovely plant basket they sent, such a sweet thought. You are all such kind and considerate people, thank you so much.

We are doing OK, our necks/backs are still very stiff and sore, lots of aches and pains etc but we are still pleased that things were not worse. Poor Adrian is dealing with the insurance etc. I made it into work for my first few days in my new job and I am really enjoying it, I'm working with such a great team, they were really good about what happened. My mum picked me up for work as I did not feel up to driving as I had limited movement. My mum is also now working in the same department which is good! So far, so good, I think I will enjoy my new role, although I've got lots to learn!

I have just managed this quick and simple Christmas card using one of my Unity stamps from last year.



Supplies: stamp - Unity/ sentiment from Stash - 99p clear stamp set/ ribbon from Liberty-Bell quilting shop in Chester/ other Oval nesties, chalks, shimmer paints.

The ladies that won the candy thank you for your patience, I've now packages them up and will have them out to you come Monday.

Hope you are having a good weekend, I'm now off to watch the X factor, can't be bothered to cook so think a Chinese take away will do nicely, then a film! Well it doesn't hurt after a hectic week.

Hugs,

10 comments:

Elaine said...

Katrina, I have been thinking about you and your family. I'm glad you are able to go to the new job :) And still sending you good wishes for getting over the aches and icky stuff! Love the beautiful card - it's got that woodland charm that I adore!

HazelQ said...

Hi Katrina! Glad to read that you're doing ok and that you're enjoying your new job :) Beautiful card by the way!
Hugs
Hazel

Clare (Littlebear) said...

Hi Katrina,
This card is beautiful, the colours are so good together and the stamp is gorgeous.
I hope you enjoyed X-Factor and your take-away last night.
Clare x

Yvette said...

Katrina thank you for the very kind mention.
We're all just glad that you are both ok and wanted to let you know we have been thinking of you!!
Take care and yes another beautiful card as always!!
Lots of love!!

Marley said...

Lovely card Katrina.. xxx Marley

lil-paper-pixie said...

Hi Katrina,

I am glad you are feeling a bit better and are enjoying your new job. This card is stunning, so simple but elegant I love it and that stamp is divine!!!

We must catch up soon

Hugs

Sarah

bonnie said...

Hi Katrina, I just found your blog and what gorgeous inspiration you have thank you for inspiring me. So sorry to hear of your accident it must have been terrifying...so glad you and your fiancé are ok. Big hugs to you :) Bonnie x

Gracie said...

Hi Katrina
Glad you are ok!
Love the x factor to!
Glad your new job is good!!!!
Speak soon
Hugs
Grace
xxxxxx

Gracie said...

Beautiful card by the way as always!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry got carried away I forgot to mention that!

mycraftypatch said...

Gorgeous, simple but elegant card!!!
Glad to hear you and Adrian are on the mend and the new job is going well!!!
Will I see you on Saturday?
I hope so If not we'll catch up soon.
Hugs Sonia xxx