Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Autumn Wishes

Finally got around to making a card! There is a fab sketch to follow over at a spoonful of sugar, so I used that for this card and some of my new craft stash that I got for my birthday! I love autumn, it is my favourite season, I love the colours, I love watching the leaves turn to all the rich beautiful colours. I like the fact the the sun still shines but there is a slight crispness in the air and it's time for all the snugly sweaters to come out! I was born in the autumn and I'm an earth sign, so maybe that has something to do with it too.



Supplies: stamp and sentiment - Whiff of Joy coloured with promarkers/ DP - Basic Grey Indian Summer/ Cardstock - Stampin' up!/ Flowers - Prima and hobbycraft/ Buttons and raffia lace from stash/ linen thread - SU/ other - distress inks for edges, shimmerz mist in baby's breath on flowers.

I'm enjoying my holiday from work, funny though 'cos you don't realise how worn out you are until you stop! Visited my dear friend Becky in Nottingham yesterday, it was great to catch up, we hadn't seen each other in ages. I couldn't believe how big their son Ewan is now (he is 4 tomorrow) and was lovely to meet baby Oliver for the first time!

Some crafty news for you, Debbie, owner of Stampeezee now has her own blog, make sure you pop over and visit as she is very talented, I have always admired her work. She will also keep you updated with what's new and happening at Stampeezee.

Thanks for looking and any comment you may leave, they always brighten my day!

Autumn wishes,

11 comments:

Louise Galt said...

I love that card its just wonderful, I must get some of the whiff of joy stamps to try!! your colouring is fab and i love all the colours they fit the image very well, nice and autumnal :)

Louise

Clare (Littlebear) said...

This is gorgeous Katrina, the colours are beautiful!
I'm glad you are enjoying your holiday.
Hugs, Clare x

Gracie said...

Beautiful Card Katrina - everything about it is Lovely!
Hugs
Grace
xxxxx

Yvette said...

What a beautiful card Katrina, Autumn is a lovely time!!
Thanks for all your help yesterday!!

mycraftypatch said...

Gorgeous card Katrina,
Your colouring is fab it has a great autumn feel about it just perfect for the time of year. I love all the browns, golds, rusts and reds colours they're my favorite.
Hugs Sonia xxxx

Rosalee said...

Wow! Love this card Katrina. The look is so unique and it the the card that extra spark.

Jenny said...

Das ist eine tolle Herbstkarte in tollen Farben.

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the rustic look of it and the flowers are just gorgeous!! Love this image as well!!
:)Kathy

Annelie said...

Hi Katrina!
I just want to let you know that I recieved the most gorgeous papers and brads today! Again, a huge thanks!! I love them!
It´s been a while since I visited your blog now so I have some reading to catch up :) As always you´re cards look lovely!
Hugs Annelie

Stempelientje said...

This is a very beautiful made card Katrina!
Well done!

Greetings from Stempelientje

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Awww such a lovely card xx