Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Top 5 Passionista!!!

Passionista

Whoop whoop!! I have been awarded one of the top 5 passionista for last weeks passion for promarkers challenge. Can't tell you how much this made my day yesterday.

Was having a stressful day yesterday, my little sister (she is 22) was taken ill and has ended up in hospital. She is having a scan today. I'm worried about her and hope that she will be OK. We spent the whole day there yesterday, she is a nurse too and took in while on duty and ended up in A & E. So when I got home last night I was pleased to see my little award! Hopefully we will know more once she has had the scan. I'm going to make a get well card, so will share that later. My mum's aunt (who is 65) has also been diagnosed with cancer recently so we are waiting to see if she can have surgery etc. All a worry!

I really liked the colour scheme of my last card so have carried this forward with my latest one, this was going to be for last weeks Simon says stamp challenge (ribbons and buttons) but I never got the chance to post it yesterday with everything going on. I'm using one of my Unity KOTM stamps.



Supplies used: Stamps - Unity June KOTM coloured with Promarkers, I used glitter gel pen and glossy accents to highlight, DP - Basic Grey Lemonade (yummy!), Card - SU, Ribbon - East of India, buttons, little pegs and Raffia lace from stash. Also used SU distressing tool, ink, chalks to add texture to the edges.

If you like the Unity stamps like a few of you mentioned on my fell the joy post then just to let you know that Stampeezee is the only UK stockist. They don't have the KOTM but a wide range of other Unity stamps.

Sorry for the long post, thank you for stopping by and any comments as they always brighten my day!

Hugs,

5 comments:

Clare (Littlebear) said...

Sorry to hear your news Katrina, I hope everything is ok with your sister.
Congratulations on making the top 5 passionista - the card you entered was gorgeous.
I love this card too and your distressing looks great.
Hugs, Clare x

Rach said...

Hope everything is ok with your sister..

congratulations on making the top 5 fabulous job.
love the card, it is so sweet. hugs rachxx

Debs said...

Love this card, it is to my taste exactly. Congrats on your Passionista award. Hope the news is good for your sister. Debs xx

Pinkllilac said...

So sorry to hear your news Katrina and hope all is ok.
Onto your card
Beautiful card love the image, the design and colour combination is gorgeous.
Oh congratulations on making the top 5
Hugs Linda

Annelie said...

Sorry to hear about your sister Katrina, hope that everything is ok with her.

Love this card, it´s really nice all of it =)

Congrats to the top 5!
Greetings from Annelie in Sweden