Sunday, 2 August 2009

One card three challenges!

Well I've finally done it, made a card that combines three challenges! As I've recently brought some promarkers I thought I'd give them a go. First impressions are that they are great but I need some practice. But not too bad for a first attempt, I'll have to check out some of the tutorials out there. So I'm entering my card for the passion for promarkers challenge. The colours to use were pastel pink and cool aqua, there is also a great sketch to follow. I'll also enter this for the Just magnolia and simon says challenges as I've used distressing on my card and that's the required element for those challenges!



Image - Magnolia
Sentiment - Stampin' up oval all set
Cardstock - SU, DP - DCVW
Colouring medium - promarkers and white gel pen
Flowers - Hobby craft (accented with shimmer paints)
Tools - leaf punch (woodware), nesties, Stampin' up oval and scallop oval punches, SU distressing tool, piercing tool
Ribbon - Stampeezee
Pin - ebay

I've had some new stash over the past week or so and got another SU order on the way! (Plus a few other little things in the post too!). I've had to be good for a while with moving in and decorating our cottage, holiday and my dad's 50th, most my spare pocket money has gone on these things. So now we are more settled and a few other things are out of the way I've got a little extra pocket money for all things crafty again!!!



So I suppose I better get using some of it! Can't wait to use my Swiss Pixies stamps-Love 'em!
I've also been trying to organise my craft supplies and I'm in the process of creating some stamp storage files.

Thank you for taking the time to visit!

hugs and smiles,


14 comments:

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Katrina, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab (are you sure you haven't used them before lol!). Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. We have quite a lot of tutorials on our blog if you'd like to take a look. They are available as PDF files so if you would like any please drop us an email. Hugs, Denise x

Nunt said...

Wonderful card! I have one (yes, I repeat, ONE) Promarker, so I can't really join any challenges yet :D I just wanted to try one out, and picked a skin tone, so I can do faces and hands.

lil-paper-pixie said...

Katrina this is stunning hun I love it, so glad you got promarkers, you have done a great job with them & what a craft haul you have there, i see you have the Whimsy owl.......i am gonna have to give in and get him, he is fab.

Hugs

Sarah

Littlebear said...

Hi Katrina, your card is gorgeous. Your colouring looks great! I think I might have to buy a promarker or two! Looks like you will be doing plenty of crafting with these goodies.
I hope you had a lovely weekend. Can't wait for the SU order to arrive.
Clare x

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Katrina. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Fryne said...

what an adorable card!
thanks for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge this week :)

weewiccababe said...

fabulous card Katrina
and oo look at all those new goodies
thanks for joining us on PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

Bev said...

What a gorgeous card! I love your choice of beautiful papers and wonderful details x

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the flowers, lace, and ribbon!

Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Stephanie said...

OMG Katrina - how much fun are you going to have with all that lushisness (is that a word? lol)

Fantastic card - so pretty & well done for meeting 3 challenges with it :)

Big hugs
Steph xxx

Rach said...

A fabulous card, so sweet and beautifully made.. have fun with your new stash. hugs rachxx

Carolyn said...

What a lovely card. I love your distressing.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Marley said...

Wow! lot of new craft stuff.. really beautifull! Wish we had Gretel here.. and the owl is so cute! and and and.. haha everything is beautifull!! xx Marley