Saturday, 6 June 2009

SFOS #54

Apologies for lack of blogging this week, I have felt rotten, went back to work Monday after annual leave and a few of the girls on the ward had been unwell, sore throats, flu like symptoms etc and I have gone and picked it up too! My glands feel the size of golf balls and it's as though I'm swallowing razor blades, my head is fuzzy and I'm achey. Yuck!! I've been running a bit of a temperature too. I've just about managed to make it through my shifts this week and haven't done much on my days off!

Finally finished this card that I started last weekend! Really enjoyed making this as love this stamp and I love sunflowers. In fact I do love the magnolia stamps full stop! So cute. I would like to enter this card for the challenge over on a spoonful of sugar, they have a fantastic sketch to follow this week.



Card recipe: Stamps - magnolia, coloured with distress and SU inks, accented with white gel pen.
Sentiment stamp, Cardstock, DP, buttons, linen thread all SU available through me (free p&p throughout June). Other - Crochet ribbon from stash, doily, nesties, distressing tools, sewing machine.

I've only got one of those mini hobby sewing machines and have been reluctant to use it as I'm a novice at it but love the stitching I see on other peoples projects so have given it a go for the first time! Not brilliant but I'm hoping that with practice I'll improve, then maybe I could get a proper machine!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs,


5 comments:

flati said...

I love the cute Tilda...

Thanks so much for playing with my sketch..
Hugs, Sonja xx

Kim Dellow said...

So pretty, love the doily. Kim

Ivi said...

Such great papers, I love the colours and the little sunflowers!

Thanks for your participation.

Hugs Ivi

Valems said...

Fabulous card! I love the paper you have used and the stitching. I should get a machine, too, because I'd love to give it a try, it looks so pretty. I love the doily and the buttons, the sunflowers are such a great detail, too.

Have a lovely evening
Vanja

lil-paper-pixie said...

Lovely card Hun, hope you feel better. I have a little something for you on my blog, pop over when you get chance.

Hugs

Sarah