Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Just Magnolia and guest DT news!

Phew, what a busy week I had last week (apologies for lack of blogging!), I'm now itching to get creating!

My week consisted of work Monday, going to Manchester to see Take That on Tues/wed (I know they were on at RICHO arena but my friend had already brought the tickets prior to them putting on the dates there, typical!), they were fab, thanks to Daniela for organising that, had a fun girlie time! Work Thursday and Friday I also had a retirement Party to go to plus a 60th party on Friday night after two long shifts, and the hairdressers, holiday shopping and spending time with family on Saturday. Needless to say that by Sunday I needed a day to kick back!!! So I had a more relaxing day on Sunday, along with trying to get a bit of housework done. Then took mum and dad to the airport on Monday, back to work again tues, wed, thurs.

Here is my card for this weeks Just magnolia challenge, it's a great sketch by Bev, thanks hun! Definately one I'll use again and again.


Stamps - Magnolia - Tilda as butterfly, sentiment from Stampin' up. Colouered with distress and Stampin' up inks. Also used sticles and white gel pen.
Card - Stampin' up, DP - Basic Grey Urban paperie
Flowers - Prima, Brads, gems and spacers from stash
Tools - Martha Stewart doily lace punch, nesties.

Some exciting news! I will be guest designer for the papertake weekly challenge blog in August/september for 4weeks, Thanks to Dawny for having me! I'm looking forward to it!

Stampeezee now has promarkers in stock, I've been undecided about what markers to get for a while, nearly brought promarkers, then nearly brought copics, think this has sold it for me as I can now get promarkers locally and Debbie runs a great loyalty scheme in the shop, plus they are great markers and cheaper than copics. Means more pennies to spend on stamps etc!! So watch this space as I hope to get some soon.

Thank you for looking and any comments you may leave as I love reading them!

Hugs,

8 comments:

Liza said...

I think this is a gorgeos magnolia image and you have coloured it beautifully, I love your card! Well done on the GDT too.

Liza x

Jacilynn said...

gorgeous card! I love this image. Tough decision on the markers. I use copics but think they both are great. Congrats on Guest spot!
Hugs

Pinkllilac said...

Hi Beautiful card and I love the colour combination and layout.oh congratulations on the DT spot
Hugs Linda

Mina said...

congratulatons on your Guest DT news...fabulous card, love your stamp and colouring...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Yvette said...

Lovely card as always Katrina, you did have a busy week. It was great to see you last week on our wedding dress shopping afternoon. Hope to see you on Saturday for phase 2!!

Kim Piggott said...

Wow what a gorgeous card!
Such pretty colours and I love your fabulous detail!
Thank you so much for joining us at Just Magnolia!
hugs
kim x

GEMMA said...

Big congratulations on the DT news! Another lovely card that you have created xxx

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Katrina and fantastic colouring!
Love the gorgeous designs and detail!
Congratulations on your DT spot

Hugs Linda