Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Stressful week!

It's been a stressful week so far, my mum was taken into hospital, she had difficulty breathing and it was scary. She is home now and recovering, but it has been a worry. Those of you who know me know that my mum has had health problems over recent years, it's always worrying but she gets through it, just wish she didn't have too! At the same time my nan is in hospital, awaiting tests. Hope they are both better soon. I'm still not feeling great either, today is the first day I have even been up to sitting quietly and making a card. I also wanted to say Happy belated Birthday to my friend Debbie, it was Monday but due to mum being in hospital couldn't post. The challenge over at the Sugar bowl was to use only one piece of patterned paper. I started this card before all the drama and only just had chance to finish it, Debbie will recognise it!
I can never seem to capture the twinkle of the glitter etc, sorry for poor picture quality, my camera skills leave something to be desired - was a rush job!

Stamp - Leann Ellis for Sugar Nellie, coloured with distress inks, stickles, accented with glitter pens and SU white gel pen.
Cardstock - SU!
DP - Making memories
Other -Paper doily, Flower and hat pin are from the SU! pretties kit, crochet ribbon from stash and the angel charm I brought from Marlene.

Which leads me to say that Marlene has posted on her blog about her mum who has recently had to have surgery on her broken ankle, she loves receiving handmade cards and Marlene has asked that if anyone has any spare handmade cards if they would be willing to send her mum one to cheer her up while she is recovering. Visit her blog for more details, mine will be in the post soon, I wish her a speedy recovery. She also has some yummy blog candy up for grabs.

Last but not least I would like to say Congratulations to our friend Becky and Nick in Nottingham on the birth of their second child, Oliver Matthew on Monday. Ewan will be so pleased to have a little brother, wishing you all lots of joy and happiness. Hope to see you all soon.
Well I had some happy mail today anyway which cheered me up, my Gorjuss stamps arrived and some patterned paper I'd been after from Sassafras Lass. Can't wait to be able to use them!Hope things get back to normal soon, got lots to do and all this has put me way behind, sorry for the long post but not to sure when will be able to post next.
Hugs,

6 comments:

Julia Pollard said...

So sorry to hear about your mum and the worrying health problems - I hope she manages to recouperate and next week is less stressful!

Beautiful card :o)

Kathy said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors and all your details!
Hope your mum and nan are feeling better soon! :)Kathy

Lilian said...

Your card is very beautiful and I'm sure it will be well received. I am sorry to hear of your stressful week and hope things will look up soon. Hope Gorjuss stamps give you a little cheer, am waiting for mine :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Gayle said...

Gorgeous Card! I hope your mum is much better very soon!
Thanks for getting sticky in The Sugar Bowl!
Sugar Mama x

Yvette said...

Glad to hear that your mum's home, as you say she always bounces back and I'm sure she will this time, Give her my love and best wishes. Another beautiful card as always!
Take care!

GEMMA said...

I hope your Mum gets better soon Katrina, and that you feel better soon too. Take care. Gem xxx