Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Invites

Well here are my first attempt at wedding invitations. My design brief was a Celtic design, simple and stylish, colour scheme was to be cream, gold, chocolate. So here is what I came up with. I used linen effect and matt metallic card, heat embossed the Celtic knot and wedding invitation wording in chocolate brown and added satin ribbon and dew drops. I'm pleased with how they turned out and enjoyed making them, although a little nervous as to whether the bride -to-be would like the sample at first, but she did liked them. I'm in the process of designing matching place cards, so watch this space, wouldn't be able to show you those until after the wedding in April though. I'll post them then, with a picture of the evening invites.
If you haven't checked out Stampin' Up's sale-a-bration, then have a look on their website (link in the side-bar). You get a free limited edition stamp set with every £45 you spend! (until 28th Feb).

No comments: