Thursday, 27 November 2008

Thankful

Today is Thanksgiving in America, so Happy Thanksgiving to all those across the pond! Although we are not American, we love America and have had some amazing holidays there, to be honest if it weren't for our families and friends here we would probably emigrate but we would miss them too much! So the next best thing is to holiday there as often as possible! Don't get me wrong there are things I love about our home country too, it's just different there. I have been to New York in November several time but have never actually been there at Thanksgiving! Next time I would love to see Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and the lighting of the Rockefeller Christmas Tree! I like the idea and meaning of Thanksgiving. The harvest festival and to count our blessings and give Thanks for these.

So here is what I am most Thankful for:
My Family (that includes my Fiance Adrian and his family)
My Friends (you know who you are!)
My Health
To express my creativity and to be able to share this with others
The roof over our heads and the food on the table (also the impending completion of our fist home tomorrow, our very own nest!)
My memories
Laughter (we all need this - best medicine!)
To love and be loved, to live this life, to find joy in the journey and the everyday and to reach for our goals and dreams together.

Life is hectic at the moment, so just nice to stop, take stock, and appreciate things for a moment. I've been busy stamping and watercolouring away today for card orders, have finally done recipe card for pumpkin pie recipe I mentioned a while back but battery on camera gone now (not the only thing needing recharging!) so I'll post that in next few days (I don't forget these things I mention posting, just takes me a while to get round to them at moment!). Haven't got any good pictures of the pies really as they didn't last long! lol! I'm off to bed now as got a long shift tomorrow. Brought the Twilight novel today that everyone in America is raving about (just been made into a film), hopefully will get time to curl up and relax with a good book soon as I love reading and haven't had chance for a while.

Night night and remember, if at night you can't sleep count your blessings instead of sheep!

Sweet dreams,

No comments: