Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Stampin' Up an Old-Fashioned Christmas

Well the last two days I have been quite productive crafting wise. So now I attempt to catch up with the blogging, I did want to post everyday this week, I'm a bit behind but I could try to post twice somedays in an effort to make up for it! You know what they say about the best laid plans... well they usually go out the window! The card I am sharing now is made using the Old Fashioned Chistmas stamp set from Stampin' up, I love cute and Whimsy but I also have a soft spot for anything old fashioned and vintage, so had to have this set in my starter kit as it's coming up to Christmas. I have tried to keep the card quite elegant and simple.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Stampin' UP! Old-Fashioned Christmas, coloured with distress inks, then backgound has been coloured with chalks to give an aged feel to it.
Cardstock - image stamped on to whisper white, always artichoke used for card base and matting. Have inked edges of card and paper with distress inks.
DP - Basic Grey Wassail collection (lovin' this!).
Ribbon and 3d holly sticker - Anna Griffin.
Other - rhinestone star from stash.

Still have not got around to making the pumpkin pie yet!! Hopefully will give it a whirl this evening. Been so busy, it's Adrian's and my sister's birthdays tomorrow (they were both Bonfire night babies!) so have been present shopping and making their cards over last few days.
Hope you are having a good day, thanks for looking!

No comments: