Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Birthday wishes

I just want to wish my fiance Adrian and my little sister (well she is 22!) a very Happy Birthday today. Hope they both enjoy their special day. When I met Adrian seven years ago I thought it was funny that he shared the same birthday as my sister with it being Bonfire night and all. So it's usually a busy day trying to see them both, sort two lots of cards, presents etc, but I love them both very much so it's not a problem! Last year they both shared special birthdays on the same day, it was Adrian 30th and Natalie's 21st! Now that was hectic, we were also going to New York to celebrate and there was planning the trip, packing etc. But we all had a great time, I went out there with Adrian and his family for a few days it was their first time (Adrian and I had been before) so we had great fun seeing all the sights, Adrian, his dad and his sister's boyfriend Paul went to a Knicks game, while I was shopping with his mum and sister , Sarah. We also went to see a Broadway show as part of his birthday treat. Then as they were due to come home my mum and sister came out, we then spent the rest of the holiday shopping till we were dropping (with lots of Starbucks to keep us going!) We also went to see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular which was fantastic! If you are ever in New York in the run up to Christmas go and see this show, great entertainment with the Rockettes! Sorry for going on but like you can probably tell, I love my family and I love NY! It's great this time of year, Christmas shopping is so much fun there as the atmosphere is amazing and so are the sights. Can't believe that was a year ago now, was even more special as it was for milestone birthdays and time spent with family, which is priceless. I've still got to scrapbook the picture (head hung in shame - LOL!). This is on my to do list, I'll post pictures of the pages or a slide show in the not too distant future. Wish we could be there this year, i miss it but you can't have it all, house take priority this year and we are very lucky to have been a few times.
Anyway, here is a card I made for my sister, using a stamp from Whiff of Joy. When I saw this I had to get it as I knew it would be great for Nat as she love baking and is good at it.


Supplies - Stamp (willow with cookies - Whiff of Joy, coloured with distress inks and sentiment stamp is Stampin' Up) DP (My Minds eye - new laundry line, you can't see on photo vey well but these papers are glittered and are yummy!) crochet flowers (from ebay) Dew drops (Robins Nest) Crochet trim from stash. Also used Stampin' UP scallop border punch (fabulous tool!)
Sorry for poor picture quality but the lighting is terrible today, had to use light box. If you click on pictures you get a close up (not sure if I should tell you that, as then you will see the imperfections!). Anyway sorry for the long post, and yes I have made the pumpkin pie, it turned out quite well, I'll post recipe and pics in next few days.
Hugs,

1 comment:

adrianturner06 said...

Looking forward to tasting the pumpkin pie??!! I'm also looking forward to my bundles of presents later on x x