Tuesday, 7 October 2008

I'm back!

I know, it's been a while but it's been busy around here! Firstly I had a bad cold for over a week and felt dreadful, I've been working and then been away for a weekend to York with Adrian and his family, which was lovely. Nice to have a change of scenery and time out. Also lots happening on the craft front, I'm hoping to sign up as a Stampin' up demonstrator soon! Watch this space, this would mean, stampin' up projects on my blog, you will be able to buy stampin' up products from me or have me do a workshop/demo. My blog is also due for a make over, I have found a very talented blog designer, Veronica and she is working on my blog banner etc at the moment! It's very different from the theme we were first going for but it is beautiful and vintage, so check back often as it should not be too long now! I am also hoping to have a stall to sell my cards, handmade items etc at a charity event for Zoe's Place baby hospice in December. I'll post details as soon as I have confirmation. I have also been asked to make the wedding invitations for a dear friend and neighbour who is geting married next year and have been asked to make samples for someone else. So I'm going to be quite busy! Here is a quick card I made using some of the stamps from the September Kit of the month from Unity.

Stamps - Unity kit of the month - September
Paper - basic grey, cardstock- bazzill basics
Ribbon - East of India
Flowers - Prima
Other - staples, button from stash

We are also in the process of buying our own home and it has been very stressful, it started out smoothly then we encountered a few problems. Hopefully all seems to be going OK again now, so we are keeping our fingers crossed. We were buying somewhere last year and that fell through and we lost alot of money on fees etc. We just want to have a place of our own to call home and to be able to live together. Although I will be sad to leave my family home, it will be exciting to be moving in together after seven years. Adrian lives in Birmingham so there has been alot of travelling up and down the A45 for us both!! So please keep your fingers crossed for us!

Also would just like to say Congratulations to our friends Daniela and James who have recently come back from a trip to Chicago newly engaged! So pleased for you both! Daniela is one of my best friends and has always been there for me, I wish her every happiness. They make a lovely couple.

With whimsical wishes,

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Oh Katrina its so lovely to read your blog and hear all about you. I wish you all the luck in the world with purchasing your house and with the expansion of your craft projects-you deserve it!!
How lovely of you to mention Daniela & James' happy news we're all thrilled!!
Look forward to reading more about you in the future!!

Debbie said...

Hi Katrina

Love the banner!!

Debbie