Thursday, 18 September 2008

Whiff of Joy Guest designer call!

It's been a few days since my last post, so me trying to post everyday this week went out the window! Where does the time go! However the creative juices have been flowing! I always have lots of ideas ( probably too many ideas!) and then it's just finding the time to put them together or do you ever find you have the time, sit down to craft and nothing happens, well I'm one or the other there seems to be no in between, but thankfully the last few days have been productive, probably because I'm on a weeks holiday from work, and how nice it is too! If you haven't already then you need to check out the new Whiff of Joy stamps, they are absolutely gorgeous. Katharina, the company owner wants a new guest designer to join her team for two months, the information is on her blog http://www.katharina1704.blogspot.com/ So here are two cards, the first is created with a sketch from Katharina's sketches to enter into the competition ( I thought my cards were not good enough and I'm new at this blogging thing but then you don't know if you don't try, so why not!) and another quick card I put together using a Whipper snapper stamp, I also adore these stamps and have quite a few!

This card has been created using sketch #26 from Katharina's sketches which can be found on a link on her blog.

Stamp - Charlie and snowman, Whiff of Joy, sentiment from an Anna Griffin stamp set, coloured with distress inks, touched up with mica shimmer paints and stickles
Papers - Carolee's collection - Adornit!
Other - snowflake brads - dovecraft, cuttlebug embossing folder (snowflakes), snowflake punch, gems from stash.



Stamp - Wishing well - Whipper snapper designs inc, coloured with distress inks, sentiment - unknown, shimmer ink used to ink edges and for sentiment
Flowers - Prima, spacer bead, gem brad - Making Memories
Ribbon - American crafts
Other - Fiskars threading water punch.

Thanks for looking, will be posting again very soon, have some more cards to show, I'm also in the process of finishing a scrapbook on our engagement and want to show one of the decorative tins I love to make.

Have a great day!

Katrina x


2 comments:

Tanya said...

Both cards are very cute!

Katharina Frei said...

Your card is terrific Katrina!! Love the glitter, the dp and the cuttlebug embossed cardstock.
Katharina