Sunday, 14 September 2008

Let's get this blogging started!

Well I have finally gotten around to starting my own blog, I have read blogs and followed certain blogs for a while now and have thought often about starting my own as a creative outlet. So here it is! I am passionate about crafting, I love to scrapbook, enjoy stamping and making cards etc. I like all elements of paper crafting, including shopping for supplies!! I have been crafting for the last 4 years but have really gotten into it properly in the last 2 years. Although saying that I have always liked to be creative and have always loved making things. I like to put thought into gifts and cards for people that show how much I care and I think a handmade card always captures this. Scrapbooking lets me document about the people, places and things I love most and preserve cherished memories forever and to share these with people I love. I also enjoy photography and this is an area I would like to progress and improve in. As I am rather technically challenged I will be needing the help of Adrian (my fiance) as he has the IT know how to get started, so big hugs and thanks to him! I live at home at present with my mum, dad, younger sister Natalie and our dog scruffy. I'm a real home bod and like being surrounded by those I love. I'm a nurse by occupation, and as it's a stressful job crafting gives me an outlet to create and express myself, I find my hobby therapeutic. So here is my first post and a bit of an introduction for those who don't know me. Below is a card using the gorgeous Sarah Kay stamps, most of my craft supplies are from my local craft store, Stampeezee, be sure to check out the website or visit the shop, Debbie the owner is always welcoming, friendly and helpful. Thanks Debbie! Apologies that the photo is not perfect, you can't see the cream card stock around the edge, like I say photography and photo editing is an area needing improvement!


Stamp - Sarah Kay-precious moments, coloured with distress inks, sentiment stamp - my sentiments exactly!
Papers - K and Co
Flowers - Prima
Crochet trim, card stock and gems from stash

Thanks for stopping by! (Check back soon as this is a work in progress!)

With Whimsical wishes,

Katrina xx

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hey Katrina so far so good - I will be checking in everyday to see what's new on your blog. Thanks for the mention! See you soon. Debbie